One of My Favourite Healthy Weight Loss Recipes
The Cilantro Lime Turkey Burger is one of my favorite healthy weight loss recipes. We made these burgers often during the biggest loser weight loss program. We adjusted the spices a touch to get the taste that we enjoyed!
Tip: Wrap a Chard Leaf around for a Bunless Burger (I just ate the meat patty alone!)
Makes 4 Servings.
- 20 oz. ground turkey meat
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped (I did not think I would like this, it was good and tasted like crap when we left it out).
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced (any fresh herbs will work, parsley)
- 2 tbsp garlic powder or 2 cloves minced (we doubled the garlic)
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp ground flax or ground oats (we used the ground oats)
- juice from 2 limes (you can use lemon if you use parsley instead of cilantro. We went with lemon and parsley).
Mix ingredients together and form 4 large or 8 small patties. Grill on medium heat 7 minutes a side or until fully cooked!
- Mrs. Dash Chipotle
- Mrs. Dash Smokey Bacon
- Tex Mex
I like to add hot sauce!