Delicious Healthy Chicken Recipe
Absolutely one of my favorite meals during my Weight Loss Journey at the end of 2017. We prepared this delicious healthy chicken recipe at least 2/3 times per week. It is great for getting your protein and having the feeling of being full. The Onions and cherry tomatoes become caramelized during roasting, providing a great taste!
Makes 2 Servings.
- 1 cup halved cherry tomato
- 1/2 red onion cut into thin slices
- 2 large garlic cloves, peel and smash the cloves with a knife
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 vegetable herbs
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- olive oil spray
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx. 1/2 pound)
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, herbs, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Toss ingredients to evenly coat, transfer to a pan lightly sprayed with the non-stick spray.
- Roast 15 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cut chicken breast in 1/2 into 2 thin cutlets.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Pan fry breasts 2-3 minutes per side in a frying pan.
Top chicken with roasted tomato and onion, garnish with fresh basil.
Check out this Healthy and Delicious Spaghetti Squash Recipe!
This delicious healthy chicken recipe was one of my staples during my weight loss journey. I found it tasted best when the onions and tomatoes became slightly caramelized, keep an eye on the roasting process.
That being said, my kids preferred the vegetables to be crispy! You will need to find the “sweet spot” for your taste.