The Best Crockpot Turkey Meatballs!
The Healthy Crockpot Turkey Meatballs recipe is one of my favorite dishes that Kim prepared often during my Weight Loss Diet on the “Biggest Loser” program. This recipe helped me lose weight! 33 lbs to be exact. The dish can be spicy! So season to your taste. Ensure that you have a large crockpot or slow cooker as this recipe makes a lot of meatballs!
Makes approximately 24 meatballs.
- 3 pounds ground turkey.
- 1/2 pound plain oatmeal (quick oats, not ground).
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 2 tbsp dehydrated onion flakes
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 6 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 tsp black pepper
- cooking spray
- 3 tins of stewed tomatoes
- 2 green peppers chopped
- 2 tbsp red chili flakes
- 1 large sweet onion
- 6 bay leaves
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, oatmeal, egg whites, onion flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, garlic, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well with hands.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Form meat mixture into 2 inch balls and place in a single layer in the skillet.
- Cook on medium heat, turning with tongs to brown meatballs on all sides.
- Layer Sliced onion on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Combine and stir the sauce ingredients in a bowl, pour half of the sauce over the layered onions.
- Add the meatballs over the sauce one by one in the crockpot (ok to pile on top of each other) Submerge meatballs with the remaining sauce.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
My recommended serving combo options!
- Zoodles (Zucchini noodles) My favorite!
- Spaghetti Squash
- If you need Carbs? Serve over brown rice
Click One of the Links for more Healthy Recipes: