As there are currently so many choices of protein powder on the market today, it can be a daunting job trying to sort through all of the different products available. Depending on your current requirements as to whether you are trying to build lean muscle, Keto meal replacement, weight loss, etc.
This article will answer your questions on “What is the best low carb protein powder?”
The reviews are my own personal opinions and experience using a few of these products over the years, research, and customer satisfaction statistics.
This list is ideal for anyone who is on low-carb diets or a “lenient” keto diet. In other words, if you are reading this article, you are most likely searching for the best Low-Carb, Cleanest protein available.
If you are laying down your money for a product that makes certain Health claims, you want to ensure that you are getting the quality you are paying for.
There are currently a lot of low-quality protein powders on the market today just trying to capitalize ($) on the fitness craze. They come loaded with sugar, carbs, fillers, and artificial coloring, which can weaken ketosis and cause you to actually be unhealthy.
Fortunately, there are a few protein powders on the market that are very low in carbohydrates and contain high-quality protein that supports your health and fitness goals to the fullest. The following products will answer the question as to What is The Best Low Carb Protein Powder on the market today? Again, my opinion.
1. Perfect Keto Chocolate Protein Powder
The Perfect Keto Protein Powder not only gives you a healthy dose of valuable protein but is also perfect in its balance of nutrients and flavors that combine to give you outstanding results.
- The product is made of commercially available exogenous ketone supplement, manufactured directly from ketone salts.
- The powder contains essential nutrients including Beta-Hydroxybutyrate, MCT oil, L-Citrulline, Calcium, Magnesium, and collagen peptides hydrolyzed.
- The Powder does not contain sugar or artificial sweeteners.
- It’s available in two flavors: Chocolate and Vanilla.
- Lactose-free and gluten-free formula
- No preservatives
- No added sugar
- No artificial coloring and flavoring
- Increases blood ketones levels
- Best tasting low carb protein that does not contain preservatives
- Small packaging and carries fewer flavors than other brands.
I would recommend this exogenous keto base to anyone. It’s safe, tasty, and efficient. The product is made from only high-quality ingredients and comes with a 100% money-back guarantee!
2. Isopure Zero Carb Protein Powder
Isopure whey protein is another excellent option for fast-absorbing protein supplementation. The powder contains low carbs and fats and comes with additional vitamins and minerals. It does not have any gluten or lactose content and is a product mostly made of soy and milk.
- One serving of the powder has 25 grams of protein
- The whey protein has zero carbs
- It is gluten and lactose-free
- It is mainly made of soy and milk
- Many different flavors such as: Dutch Chocolate, Espresso, Protein + Collagen, Strawberries & Cream, Toasted Coconut, Vanilla Salted Caramel, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Coffee, Cookies & Cream, Creamy Vanilla
- Whey protein helps in weight management.
- It has no carbs, fats, or lactose content
- It helps in muscle building and recovery
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals
- The powder contains artificial flavors.
- The flavors are very flat when mixed with water.
- Mix one or two scoops of the powder with 6-12 oz of your favorite beverage.
- You can use water too but the flavor is flat when mixed with water.
The Isopure whey protein is a great option, more so for women seeking to get in shape. It will help them tone the body by managing weight and building lean muscle (but not too much)!
The supplement has moderately hydrolyzed protein. This makes it easy to manage weight gain and build some muscle at the same time. You may not be able to build a lot of muscle mass though.
3. Biotrust Low Carb Protein
BioTrust Low Carb Protein Powder is a 100% natural, healthy protein supplement from BioTrust. The product supplies 24 grams of healthy protein, comprised of 4 different types of protein combined to fuel muscles to top performance.
The ingredients in the product are farmer-certified hormone and artificial sweetener-free. In addition to the 24 grams of healthy protein, the product also contains 4 grams of fiber per serving.
Who Can Benefit From From BioTrust
BioTrust Low Carb Protein Powder is suited for the person that works out regularly and is trying to add lean muscle to their frame. When substituted as a Keto meal replacement, it will infuse quality protein into the bloodstream and will move to the muscles for repair and rebuilding.
- Contains a blend of 4 different types of protein
- Hormone Free
- 4 grams of fiber per serving
- 24 grams of protein per serving
- No artificial additives
- Time-released proteins
- 6 Great Flavors
- Low Carb – Just 1 gram of sugar per serving
- 360 Day Guarantee
- Can Be Pricey Compared to similar products
This mix does not taste great even when the flavor is ‘double-chocolate’ and it is difficult to mix in with smoothies/shakes and there is an overwhelming taste of stevia sweetness. That is my opinion, we all have different taste buds and ways of taking our protein.
4. Kiss My Keto protein powder
Kiss My Keto protein powder is an option if you’re looking to mix things up, even though for the most part it is very similar to Perfect Keto’s protein powder at # 1.
Kiss relies on collagen for protein content, which is a great option and can be considered superior to whey in many aspects. You will pay $$$ for that quality though!
Added to that is the addition of MCT oil, which is converted into ketone bodies by the liver.
It can be used as a keto meal replacement, coffee creamer, or stand-alone shake, though I don’t think it would be sufficient to curb hunger if used as a meal replacement.
But if you are looking for a protein supplement to add to your keto diet, this protein powder is second to none.
- Kiss includes MCT oil, very helpful for transitioning into ketosis
- Grass-fed bovine with no hormone feed.
- Great for hair fall, skin, nails, also
- The powder mixes well with hot and cold beverages.
- Tastes great!
- You will need to monitor your consumption to keep the cost ($$$) down.
- There is a small discrepancy between label facts; claims 4g of fat per serving, but then states 5g of MCT at the bottom? Ok, maybe a bit of a nitpick!
- The powder has 1 gram of carbs, so not 100% carb-free!
There is proof that Kiss My Keto protein can be a useful weight loss aid. The issue I have with the product is that for the product to work properly you will have to be on a very restrictive Keto diet, which is great if you are on the Keto diet!
5. Legion Whey+ Protein Powder
The Legion Whey Protein claims to be the cleanest and purest form of whey protein powder on the market. A natural protein supplement is always desirable. It contains no fats or lactose.
The whey powder is made from milk from fresh dairy farms. The farms produce high-quality and low-fat dairy.
- No fats
- No lactose
- No artificial additives
- The powder is in a very natural form
- It has no fat or lactose
- The protein is readily digestible
- It promotes muscle development and recovery
- It has a nice flavor
- The whey protein powder is a bit pricier as compared to the others.
Legion Whey protein is indeed a very natural protein supplement. That’s possibly the reason it is a bit pricey. It could use a bit more protein content also.
Many other supplements have a higher protein content and are cheaper. Nevertheless, whey protein has some levels of effectiveness as far as muscle development is concerned.
My Take on the Best Low Carb Protein Powder
When it comes to the question “What is The Best Low Carb Protein Powder” on the market today? It boils down to personal preference and what you are trying to use the protein for. Are you using the product for a meal replacement while on the Keto Diet? Building lean muscle, Recovery, etc.
I have known people that will buy protein products based on taste alone, and if that gets you eating healthier and motivated to continue your fitness path, then you have found the protein for you.
The 5 Products above are all quality products and will help you get positive results, it all comes down to personal preference and taste.